Sunday, April 4, 2010

These ain't no Easter Beagle eggs!


These lovelies came from my cousin's farm in Sandbornton, NH (drove up there yesterday to fetch my order of grass-fed beef that she recently had butchered).  Gorgeous, self-sustaining farm with Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds and other breeds of chicken scratching and dust-bathing all over the place.  The picture really doesn't do the greens justice, but those that look olive-y actually are.  Three shades of browns, 6 or 7 shades of greens, and whites as white as snow!  I wish you could have seen the size of the legs on some of her roosters.  Holy Mackerel, were they big birds!  Legs as thick as my big toe!  :~)  As for the eggs, well, I think a quiche or two will be in order this week!  More of that later.

Hope you're all getting to enjoy this incredible sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment