Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chicken Fiddle Alfredo with Pappardelle

Roasted chicken meets wild fiddleheads and Terra Cotta Pasta in a mutually agreed upon parmesan cream sauce.  This is why my midriff is... ...nevermind!
My mum brought me down another chicken (she's a good mummy) from her local farmers' market in Tamworth.  A good-sized bird, it was roasted up on Sunday with thoughts of sandwiches and other quick concoctions throughout the week.  Then I got surprised with a bag of fiddleheads yesterday, plucked by the very


hands of a coworker's daughter over the weekend.  With a hefty chunk of parmesan and 1/2-n-1/2 in the fridge, the last of some garlic from our local farmers' market, and two sheets of Terra Cotta Pasta Co's lasagna sheets in the freezer, what more, I ask you, could a girl ask for?

And all in less than "30 minutes!"  The pasta sheets thawed to slicing consistency in ten minutes (pappardelle = 1/2") and cooked in three.  Fiddleheads sauteed in butter and garlic before adding a splash of wine, followed by some cream and cheese--which hubby shredded after cleaning the fiddleheads. I sliced up summadat chicken while all that was taking place. Tossed the cooked pasta into the fiddle saute, tonged heaping swirls into our bowls, snapped a quick pic, and then chowed.  I wish I could say it took us as long to eat, but alas....

 Yummy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment